Geoportal is the only access point on the Internet or the local network to the infrastructure of spatial data and tools for their processing by means of web-browsers.
Areas of application of geoportals:
- system of providing management decisions;
- system of cadastre and monitoring of spatial objects - city planning cadastre, bank of spatial data;
- other industries: portal of investment attractive territories, GIS emergency situations, alternative energy.
Geoportals allow to effectively solve such tasks:
- create and maintain a spatial database of objects
- promptly receive relevant information about the territory (inform citizens)
- use spatial analysis
- organize the system of electronic document circulation
- organize workplaces with web-tools
- Reduce the cost of resources
- create conditions for transparent management